All State Electrical Construction is constantly growing and is looking for the right Estimator to add to our Estimating Department. The Electrical Estimator is responsible for estimating work as scheduled for bid. Estimator will prepare cost estimates for electrical projects, bid projects, prepare portions of contract proposal estimates, communicate with clients, vendors, engineers, architects, building officials, owners, contractors and subcontractors, determine scope of work, review design options and price all field change orders. This postion is located in Ridgefield Park, NJ.
• Prepares cost estimates from design conception to basic design as requested for project purposes
• Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures costs data is allocated correctly within the construction environment
• Updates organizational cost standards on a regular basis for new projects
• Tracks market prices for electrical construction costs, equipment, material and labor
• Education: Four-year business or engineering degree or equivalent experience (minimum of 5 years).
• Experience: 3 years minimum electrical field experience
• Experience: 3 years minimum as an estimator
• Standards: NEC, NFPA, UL and ISA, as related to design and documentation
• Classifications: Area classification requirements as related to design and documentation
• Wiring: techniques, color-coding, sizing and de-rating, and insulation classifications
• Plans: Able to read and interpret one-line diagrams, schematics, P&IDs, layout drawings and wiring diagrams and modify them for optimization
• Applications: Proficient in computer software including MS Office and McCormick estimating software
• Demonstrate and uphold all of A-C Electric Company’s core values which include integrity, quality, professionalism, knowledge, safety, service, family, community and desire.
• Health and dental/vision plans
• Paid vacations and holidays
• 401k Benefits